the sparta project
Whether your mission is complete, or you just clocked off duty - but the battle is still raging...Don't face your post traumatic stress alone. The Sparta Project guides, inspires and heals veterans and first responders who suffer from PTS. They are dedicated to healing the invisible wounds of war and service.
The Sparta Project offers 1- Day Immersive PTS(D) Program & 5-Day PTS(D) Intensive Retreat.
Locations: The Sparta Project conducts retreats in AZ, CA, and MN.
Summary: Our providers use The Sparta methodology that we deliver to a small group during our 5-day retreat that include all meals, lodging, and materials.
boulder crest retreat
In order to unlock our potential, Boulder Crest Retreat believes it is critical that we provide combat veterans and their families with a free, safe and sacred place to rest, reconnect and recharge. That is why we created PATHH - Progressive and Alternative Training for Healing Heroes - which consists of five key programs:
- Warrior PATHH: a free 7-day combat stress recovery retreat for warriors (with separate programs for male and female combat veterans)
- Family PATHH: a free 5-day combat stress recovery retreat focused on combat veterans and their families
- Couples PATHH: a free 3-day combat stress recovery retreat focused on combat veterans and their spouses
- Caregiver PATHH: a free 3-day combat stress recovery retreat focused on those providing care to a spouse or child who was wounded in combat
- Career PATHH: a free 1-day transition seminar focused on providing transitioning or transitioned service members with the clarity required to live the life they deserve here at home.
In addition to our PATHH programs, Boulder Crest Retreat devotes a substantial portion of our calendar year to Family Rest and Reconnection retreats. These free retreats are 2-7 nights in length and provide families with the opportunity to rest, reconnect and recharge - together.
All of Warrior's Ascent programs aim to support Warriors with Post Traumatic Stress (PTS). Because trauma affects the mind, body, and soul, any attempt to address the suffering of our warriors must include the mind, body, and soul. Their programs provide powerful healing experiences that are rooted in those of the ancient warrior traditions. Furthermore, they help warriors to heal themselves and others by providing in-depth education in holistic healing practices. The Academy of Healing is the primary program, where they provide cathartic healing experiences and introduce healing practices to warriors from around the country. All of their programs are FREE for participants.
ACADEMY OF HEALING: This is a 5-day program for Active Duty Military, Veterans, and First Responders (Police, Fire, EMS). During this program participants experience powerful healing experiences and receive an in-depth introduction to holistic healing practices. The program is FREE to all participants, funded by donations.
EXPANDING LIMITS EXPEDITIONS: Expeditions are for Alumni of the Academy of Healing who have been engaging in in-depth personal therapy. During Expeditions, Alumni will participate in advanced Depth-oriented healing experiences while being immersed in nature.
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM: For warriors located in the Greater Kansas City Area, Warriors' Ascent provides regular fellowship opportunities. During these gatherings, warriors get together to participate in in-depth healing practices, learn advanced healing methods from experts, or just get together to have fun.
warriors at ease
Warriors At Ease's approach to yoga and meditation rests on three pillars including:
- Trauma and combat injury sensitive practices. Through our training, WAE teachers learn a basic understanding of the human nervous system and how it is impacted by stress, trauma, and combat injuries.
- A military culture informed approach. WAE teachers learn about military culture and values so they can offer the practices in a way that minimizes cultural barriers and increases the relevance and accessibility of the practices.
- Evidence-based practices. WAE teachers are trained to share physical movements, breath, and meditation practices that, according to solid research, help regulate the nervous system.
As of 2017, Warriors at Ease has trained a growing network 750+ teachers who serve the active duty military and veteran communities in the United States, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia.